Revos concentration system
Alfa Laval Revos™ concentration system uses high-pressure, low-temperature reverse-osmosis technology to remove water from beer, wine and cider after fermentation to produce a quality concentrate with up to 22% alcohol by volume (ABV). When rehydrated it has the same taste, aroma, minerals and alcohol content as the original product.
Compact, economical and energy-efficient beer and beverage concentration system
- Up to 80% lower transport costs due to reduced concentrate shipping volumes for rehydration at bulk packaging facilities or at points of sale
- Save valuable floor space at the point of sale, such as bars and restaurants, by rehydrating concentrate only at the time of serving
- Preserve the flavour, aroma, minerals and alcohol content of the original beer or beverage due to low-temperature, patented two-pass processing
- Highly versatile system for beer and beverage concentration
Increase beer and beverage stability while reducing distribution and shipping costs with the Alfa Laval Revos concentration system.
The Revos concentration module is a two-pass high-pressure, low temperature reverse osmosis system, capable of concentrating alcoholic beverages, including beer, wine and cider. The product is chilled, and, in the first pass, pumped across proprietary spiral-wound membranes. At high pressure, water permeates through the membranes, concentrating the product while retaining up 22% alcohol by volume. Proteins, sugars, aromas and minerals are retained in the beer and beverage concentrate due to the tight pore structure of the membranes. The second pass allows for the recovery and retention of alcohol and aromas that escaped during the first pass of concentration.
Pilot testing and rentals of beer and beverage concentration systems
Put the Alfa Laval Revos concentration system to the test. Send eight kegs of your beer or beverage to one of Alfa Laval’s two testing sites (either in the US or Denmark) and take part in an onsite testing and performance review.
You could also rent and test a commercial-scale unit to determine concentrate throughput and product quality on your site.
Food system services
Alfa Laval Food system services help extend the performance of your food systems by maximizing the performance of your processes. This enables you to:
- Continually improve your operations to maintain competitive advantage
- Focus on uptime, optimization and availability
- Maximize return on investment throughout the life cycle of your food systems
Q&As Revos concentration system
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Revos concentration system here.
Curbing carbon emissions - Learn more from our white paper
How can breweries and beverage manufacturing facilities reduce their carbon footprints while making operations more efficient? Reducing direct and indirect emissions plays an important role – from the purchase of raw material, electricity and manufacturing to packaging, materials and distribution. This white paper will focus on reverse osmosis (RO) membrane filtration for beer and beverage concentration as a cost-effective way for manufacturers to reduce the carbon footprint of their supply chains.